The Makerspace Bounce is the kickoff event for the Month of Discovery! On Thursday October 6th from 3:00-7:00 PM, join us in any of the 4 Makerspaces or on the Student Union Mall at anytime to sign in.
Bounce between UConn's four makerspaces - OPIM Innovate, Innovation Zone, The UConn Library Maker Studio, and Innovate Wellness Lab - through a scavenger hunt like no other, jumpstart your creativity, bounce some ideas around, and get making!
Start your bounce at any of the Makerspaces or the registration table located on the SU Mall.
- Participants will receive a passport that will be used to keep track of the Makerspaces you have visited.
- This scavenger hunt can be completed at any point during the 4 hour event window and the passport will be redeemed for a number of tickets.
- A minimum of one Makerspace stamp is required to gain entrance to the carnival.
At each Makerspace you will complete a 5 - 10 minute activity and you will receive a stamp for that location. Stamps correspond to a number of tickets you can redeem. This year's activities include:
- OPIM Innovate - Tropical 3D Printing
- Innovation Zone - Press a Bag
- Library Maker Studio - Succulents
- Innovate Wellness Lab - VR Experience
After visiting the Makerspaces, participants will turn in their passport and be given a number of tickets corresponding to how much of the scavenger hunt they have completed.
- Tickets will be entered for a chance to win a number of raffles.
- The first 100 participants to turn in their passport will receive a Month of Discovery t-shirt.
- Bounce between various inflatables such as obstacle courses, slides and jousting. Enjoy other carnival activities such as cotton candy, snow cones and games.